A Very Useful post! I asked for it, and Ushasree came up with this in No Time! She seems to be Quite a Good Home Scientist! 🙂
A vacuum thermos flask can be easily cleaned without much effort using these methods.
- Hang one or two teabags in the flask.
- Pour boiling water in the flask, fill up completely.
- Screw the cap on.
- Let it sit overnight.
- Pour tea out of the flask.
- Rinse flask with clear water.
- Break some eggshells into small pieces.You can grind the eggshell into a powder if you wish to.
- Put broken egg shells into the flask.
- Fill up the flask part-way with clean cold water.
- Close the cover securely and shake the flask for 30 seconds.
- Open the cover and remove the contents from the flask. If the stain is not completely gone, repeat steps 2 through 4.
Method 3 of 4: Baking soda and vinegar
- Put about 1” of vinegar and few drops of lemon into the bottom of the thermos
- add 1…
View original post 97 more words