Wanted? Rabindranath Tagore on the Wanted List?
Image from the Internet
What I mean is: Wanted Again, a Rabindranath Tagore.
One of his Most Moving, and Beautiful poems (they are All beautiful) is ‘Chitto Jetha Bhayshunyo,’ Poem no. 215 in his Gitanjali, out of 216. The highlighted Bangla words mean: Where the mind is without fear.
Image from Internet
I will give You the start and the end of that poem. The whole is Easily Available on the net.
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
- A Country that will Allow More Tagores, Letting them Speak out Freely, instead of hoisting Bastardly False cases of Sedition on them,
- A Country that will Make Us Raise up Our Heads Again, with Pride, …which will happen Only when We have:
- A Justice Department that will Truly be Just, and Concerned,
- Where People will not rot in jails for 20 years and more Without Trail,
- Where Corrupt judges will be Kicked out, even physically, with Severe Punishments, and not be merely Transferred,
- A Country where People are Not Afraid of the politicos and the police,
- A Country where the Election Commission is not the handmaiden of politicians.
Oh, I Want Many More things. But shall leave it to You? Would YOU Please Add to that list through Your Comments, of What YOU want for Your Country and for Your Children/Grand-Children? Hearty Regards.