I counted 7 Lessons in 1 Period! ‘math, science, language, motor skills, negotiating, giving, and sharing!’
Phenomenal and Stupendous!
My Kudos to the Teacher and the Students!
The classroom seemed quiet, even though rice was everywhere on the floor, and nothing resembled the set-up of activities that teachers had carefully arranged. Yet, every child was fully engaged in important play. I stepped back for a moment to watch real learning taking place.
This was the stage:
- Chairs were lined-up in a long row as seats on a plane traveling to China.
- Our housekeeping area was set up as a Chinese restaurant.
- Our big table was a travel agency, and children were selling tickets for the plane ride, counting money, and studying a satellite map of China.
- At our smaller table, scissor cutting, hole punching, ribbon and bead stringing were everywhere, as we made Chinese lanterns.
- Rice, gold coins, jewels and sparkles were in the sensory table with scoopers and sifters of various sizes.
Then, this is what I observed:
- Children were very focused at the table making…
View original post 328 more words